Monday, October 17, 2022

Are You Creating Engaging Content?

Social media engagement is an important metric to consider when building your brand. While it is important to increase the size of your audience, it is just as (if not more) important to increase your engagement. When you engage with your audience on social media you can turn some of your followers from fans into clients. The time you devote to building relationships through social media engagement can lead to an increase in client loyalty and higher positive reviews. Social media engagement is not just about looking popular…it’s about making meaningful connections with current and future clients, which will boost your brand online.

First off…what is social media engagement?

Social media engagement is an umbrella term for actions that reflect and measure how much your audience interacts with your content.Social media engagement can include likes, comments, and shares, but varies by platform.”

Activity and engagement are crucial when trying to build a positive brand experience. Social media engagement is measured by a range of metrics that could include the following:

  • Shares 
  • Comments 
  • Likes 
  • Follows 
  • Mentions 
  • Click-throughs

When potential clients engage with your posts, you’re presented with an opportunity to get to know those clients and build relationships with them. By helping your clients when they’re in need, offers a one-of-a-kind customer experience that they may not get from your competitors.

OK…great. But how can you increase your engagement?

1. Share Engaging Content - Creating unique and relevant social media content is great for attracting new followers and it also keeps existing followers engaged. When creating content for your social media channels, follow the 80/20 rule where 80% of your social media posts either educate, entertain,or help followers solve a problem, while the remaining 20% directly promotes your business. This will help you focus on creating quality content your clients like. Keep in mind…if you’re just talking about how great your brand is, or what you have for sale, it’s going to be harder for your clients to connect and stay engaged.

2. Run Social Media Contests - Hosting a social media contest or giveaway will get people talking and interacting! Social media contests should be designed to entice your audience with a prize and push them to engage with your content by following, liking, sharing, or commenting.

3. Ask questions - When you post questions as content, you can get your audience to engage more with your business. Asking questions is one of the best social media engagement strategies for getting people to participate. Try encouraging your audience to post photos of your products or results from your services. Invite them to tag your business in the picture. When you find their posts, ask permission to post them on your social profile, and once granted, schedule the content to post on your page. User-generated content is a great way to improve social media engagement, which can lead to word-of-mouth recommendations.

That said…social media is a full time Job.

To make Social Media work for you, it’s not enough to create engagement…but to stay engaged.

If your Social Media engagement is slipping, it might have something to do with your post frequency. Potential clients use social media at all different times of the day. Some are online throughout the day, while others may only check it in the early morning or evening. If you’re business is randomly publishing a few posts each day, there’s a good chance some of your audience will miss them. By the time consumers check their feed, your content could be buried.

Did you know…

If you need help or ideas on how to create more engagement with your social media posts, contact Solutions by Design. Our team has the experience, along with proper knowledge and planning to assess the effectiveness and the impact of your Social Media Marketing.