Google Reviews are one of the most important aspects of online marketing for businesses of all types, and why you should put more effort into getting them.
Let’s think about it…when you are looking for a product or
service in your area, what’s the first thing you do? If you are like most
people, you probably go to your computer and do a quick Google search. According
to Forbes “More than 60% of customers check Google reviews online before they visit a business.”
The popularity of Google as a search engine means that Google reviews are more widely read. Getting positive reviews from your customers on Google is important because:
- People are more likely to visit your website or your business if they see good reviews.
- If Google sees that you have good reviews, your website will be ranked higher in search engine results because Google can see you are popular and offer customers an enjoyable experience.
- Good reviews improve brand trust. People trust Google, so they trust reviews found on Google.
How Can You Gain More Positive Reviews on Google?
1. Ask for Reviews From Happy Customers – It’s a good idea to ask for a review just after someone has had an excellent experience.
2. Explain to Customers How to Leave a Review - Some customers won’t know how to leave a review so it’s worth explaining the process to them.
3. Include Links to Your Google My Business Page on Your Website – Encourage customers who visit your website to click on the Reviews link and write a review of their experience with you.
4. Share a Google Review Link - To make it easier for customers to leave a review, send them a link to your Google business page.
5. Thank Customers for Leaving a Review - Thanking a customer for a good review shows that you care what customers think about you and are grateful for their business.
We all want tons and tons of amazing reviews on Google, but the most important thing you can do is… As tempting as it may be, NEVER buy reviews. It’s all about authenticity and search engines and SEO algorithms, can recognize reviews and determine which ones are authentic. Do not fall into the trap of buying reviews, as this can cause serious consequences such as your business being fined or your Google account being shut down. Not to mention, it is also illegal according to the Federal Trade Commission.
Google Reviews are a big deciding factor for potential customers and by leveraging this simple tool, your business can benefit greatly. Need help getting positive reviews for your business? Contact us for more information at email@example.com.